Volunteer with us
We are currently recruiting for a range of voluntary positions at the Synagogue and Visitor centre. Training and support is provided and volunteers can contribute regularly or provide occasional support for our heritage days.
Why Volunteer with us?
- As volunteers, you will have the chance to make a difference in your local community.
- You will have the opportunity of receiving specific training and gaining experience in an area that you have not been previously involved with.
- Your experiences with us can contribute to your CV
- Once you have volunteered with us regularly for over 3 months, we will provide a reference for you.
- You will be invited to an annual volunteer celebration event.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed (to a daily maximum of £5)
Examples of volunteer roles
- Tour Guide for visitors on open days
- Gallery Invigilator - welcoming visitors into the exhibition spaces
- Education Ambassador - delivering learning sessions for school groups visiting the Synagogue
- Outreach Ambassador - accompanying an experienced volunteer into schools to present information about the Jewish faith/ Assisting at faith roadshows
- Marketing and Admin Assistant which can include a range of tasks